CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Picking up Big J

Back at work from a few days off and I feel like I have been gone for a month (I could actually USE a good month off!).

The trip to Tampa was good - woke up at the crack of dawn (although little j started his "I cannot rollover come and get me" game around 4:30 - so I was up).

When we landed in Tampa Big J was at the end of the terminal and came running through people, doging legs and bags, to give me a hug. THAT was awesome. In the car, he kept saying, "I am SO glad to see you guys." :)

It was amazing what changes a brand new three year old can make in 2 short weeks. He kept telling me that he was a gentleman and that he does chores, etc. He showed me everything he had been doing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Every time he even LOOKED little j's way, little j would get all excited and giggle like mad.

I took Big J in the pool and finally showed him how to jump in ... in 2 short days he was jumping in all by himself and swimming aruind with his floaties on his arms. THAT was cool (pics posted later!).

It, once again, was nice to be with my family, away from it all. Ate too much, drank too much ... watched sports too much. What is new?!?!?!? :)

The trip back home was uneventful - many people wonder how I do it - 2 boys , me and luggage .... but, with practice, it isn't too hard. Big J did great .... watched his movie and ate his turkey sandwich. On the way home he said, "I am SO GLAD you brought me home Mommy, but I miss Grandma and Grandpa."

Oh, out of the mouths of babes ......

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet. I miss my grandma and grandpa too, I kind of envy him for all these great times he is having right now. It's SO precious to have awesome grandparents to grow up with. You seem to be handling it all without Eric rather well (NOT that I expected any less.)