CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

REALLY ready for happy hour ....

It has been a wild and exhausting last few weeks.

I made it through my Annual Sales meeting in Las Vegas last week. Even though it was only Monday through Thursday, I felt as though I was out there for weeks! It was good to get home and see the boys ... and get away from work people; I had had enough.

I tried to get tickets to go see my parents in late March .. .and then I forgot that I am in the land of the working, not the land of the spring-breakers. There wasn't a ticket top be found :( So ... we will be going mid-April. Not what I wanted, but we are going.

What makes these past few weeks so difficult is little j. After he started crawling out of his crib my nights suck ass. I might as well have an infant at home. I feel like calling one of the four friends/family that had babies last week and tell them that they can drop the kiddos off over here for a night - I am up anyway.

I play this game every stinkin single night. He crawls out of bed, stands at the gate and moans and then starts calling for Mommy. It works one of two ways:

1. I go in, pick him up, put him back in bed and then 15 minutes later we repeat. This goes on for about an hour to two hours.

2. I stand at the gate in the beginning tell him that it is bed time and I won't be coming back, he then proceeds to cry, moan, yell and scream at the gate for about an hour to two hours, when he them finally is exhausted and gives up.

Last night I ignored him. He cried. He screamed. He yelled for Mommy, Dada, Big J ... anyone who might come. After one hour I heard Big J crying in his room and I had had enough. I went to see Big J who was crying because he had to pee but didn't want to walk past little j and get him excited (good thinking from a 4 1/2 year old at 3:00 am!). I proceeded to help him to the bathroom, explain that he should never not pee, and get him tucked back in.

Then I had to settle little j down and get him in bed. He pointed to the door and told me to go. I got back into bed and 15 minutes later ... "Mommy!" I don't remember if he stopped or if I was too tired to care, but next thing I know my alarm was going off this morning for work.

Seriously all, I am exhausted. I am frustrated. I want to tell him, politely, "shut the hell up!" But, I am Mommy ... and at this point, I am ready for happy hour.

1 remarks:

The Pinterest Professional said...

Oh Lisa...I hope it makes you feel better to know I am going thru sleepless nights too :) And if I lived there we could switch kiddos on and off and that way each of us could get sleep every other night. haha!

Sorry - I know when Carson went through the stage of waking in the middle of the night. I didn't want him to end up in our bed - Jason gave up and brought him in...and now a year later he STILL comes in our room in the middle of EVERY night! Good for you for sticking to your guns! It's going to be much harder for us in the long run. :)