CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Words

I had my annual review yesterday.

Let's refresh our minds with what happened at my mid-year review: I sucked ass. I was told that if I didn't shape up I would be fired. I was told that my peers have all complained about me (by the way, at my annual sales meeting I talked with my peers, they all laughed out loud when I told them this). I was given no raise, no compliments ... nothing.

So, when I walked into my office, on a whim, yesterday, and was pulled aside by my boss, I tensed up, immediately.

My stomach hurt, my jaw was clenched; I was prepared.

Well, I got compliments. I was told that I was actually doing a good job.

I got a 1.91% raise ... hey, it ain't much, but it is a raise that I have not gotten in over 3 years!!!

I actually walked out of my office yesterday with a smile on my face. It is amazing what it feels like when someone actually recognizes your hard work; when someone gives you words of encouragement

I still hate my job .... but, it doesn't hurt so bad right now!

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Whoa.. waitaminit... WILL gave you a raise?? That is fantastic news!! I know it isn't much to most people, but hell I'd be thrilled with that too! :) Congratulations!!!