CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Things I Love About my Parents



1. They love to drink. I know - it sounds like we are all alcoholics ... but seriously, hoe many people can actually say that they can get a little toasty with their Mom and Dad and not be embarrassed by it???

2. They are still young. They both may be 57 - but NO ONE ever believes me. They have energy to do things and the willingness to try!

3. They are sports nuts ... sometimes I think my Mom is worse than my Dad! Mom has taken the Tampa teams on as her own and even growing up I can remember countless weekends, school nights and big events being centered around Bulls games, football games, Cubs playoff games, etc, etc, etc.

4. They love my boys.

5. They are easy to talk with about most anything ... not EVERYTHING ... but most things.

6. My Mom never tried to be my best friend ... she always was, and still is, just my Mom ... and I like it like that.

7. My Dad loves to shop .... I always thought that was the coolest thing!

8. They travel. How many people have parents that refuse to get on a plane? Mine don't mind at all!

9. They still want their family to always be together. While it may sometimes get annoying that they haven't figured out that I am a 34 year old woman with a life of her own and 2 kids, I think it is awesome that they still think of me and my sisters as there little kids.

10. My Mom cannot handle being away from my Dad. My Dad cannot handle being away from my Mom. It can be annoying when you want to do things ... but in the end ... I think it is totally cool that after 36 years of marriage, they still want to be with each other.

11. They embrace my friends. Ever since I can remember, my friends were always made into part of our family .... there are very few people in this world who cannot get along with them.

12. They know me like the back of their hands. It sucks that I can never hide anything. It is great that I can never hide anything .... catch 22 huh?!

13. They love each other. They love my sisters. They love me. And, I believe, they even love all three of their son-on-laws.

0 remarks: