CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Christmas Faux Pas ...

OK, so there are things you do and things you don't do.

You may take a chip from a bowl, dip it in salsa and eat the said chip.

You may not take a chip from a bowl, dip it in salsa, eat said chip and then dip said chip in salsa again.

Christmas gives us rules to follow as well.

You may, upon having a conversation with someone, let that someone know what you might want for Christmas.

You may drop hints to other pople, let family spread the word for you, or, what most people do, just be surprised when you see what you get from a sender.

You may not send you cousin's wife a random post on Facebook, when you have never posted on her Facebook before, stating "hey lisa, i saw that j has my name for christmas, and if you havent gotten anything yet, i would liek the movie the hangover, if not that totally fine. And also if for saturday you could bring some kind of dip, my mom says thank you!"

WTF? Are you serious? Really? Do we have any class?

Honestly people, I wanted to reach thru the cable lines, find the spoiled little brat and tell her, "Look, sweetie, you don't do that. You just don't do something so ridiculously crass and rude. Haven't you ever heard of the reason for giving gifts at Christmas? And, even though I am a very loving person, if I had not already bought your gift (which I had, by the way) the last thing I would get you would be the stinkin movie you asked for."

I am all about buying a gift that someone wants, likes, loves or obsesses over. That is my main intent when shopping. But, I am not about having someone tell me where to go, how much to spend, and what color to wrap it in.

I am not even involved in this gift exchane. Why, might you ask?

About 6 or 7 years ago, I was participating. An aunt of E's sent me an email that went something like this, "You have my name. I want a Hamilton Beach mixer. It costs $14.99 at Walmart. You can give me the rest of the gift in cash."

She did not get the mixer from me that year ... she a got a personalized scrapbook basket (since I knew she was an avid scrapbooker) AND a mixer from someone else. Her name was drawn twice. Do you know who got NOTHING that year, as the rest of the family opened presents? You guessed it! ME!

After, she promised she would take the mixer back and send me the cash so I could get a gift ... I am still waiting!!!!!!!!

So, bah humbug to these spoiled people at this time of year. You can call me, email me, do what ever you want, but I will buy what I want to buy and that will be good enough for you.

Look in the encyclopedia under "real spirit of Christmas" and see if you find "spoiled rotten wishes" in the explanation.

Go ahead, I dare you!

0 remarks: