CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally!

Little j will be 15 months old on the 14th of this month. He is a goofy little kid - he gets it. really, he does. He is smarter than he puts on. The only thing I have been waiting for is a word or two from him. A "mama" or "no" or more or SOMETHING.

We took a walk after dinner yesterday (even though it was COLD .... I truly don't think Summer will ever get to this God-forsaken area ... but that is another post for another day).

The boys were in the wagon. They both stayed home from school yesterday, little j had a fever on Tuesday and they wanted him out for 24 hours. Why is that? The kid never had another fever after that, it was only 101 (our doctor doesn't even consider it a fever till it hits 103) ... if I kept him home for every fever or booger falling out of his nose ... well, we would never go!

The boys were goofing around and enjoying themselves. We stopped off in our old neighborhood to say hello to a friend. Big J ran up ahead and little j wanted to follow. He looked up at me so I could carry him over. I said, "no, call J and he will stop."

So, loud and clear out came J's name from little j's mouth. It was the last 2 syllables; he said it twice. I about peed my pants.

So ... no "mama" or "cookie" .... but we have Big J and the most important thing in little j's life ..... I couldn't be prouder.

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Congratulations!!! Finally :) whew..

Mandy said...

that is SOOOO sweet!!!!