CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A way to riches?

I feel like crud. Serious. Crud. I have NO gumption to do ANYTHING ... work, clean ... NOTHING! The problem with that? I have to work, I have to take care if the boys; life must go on. Oh well ... My friend, energy, will return someday.

So, yesterday I was listening to one of my favorite talk radio shows and they were talking about how doctors are afraid of obesity being classified as a disease. The problem? When they would try and help their patients by telling them to NOT be fat .... the patients could become offended and sue the doctor.

WTF?!

Here is the EXACT problem with America that no one wants to talk about. We are all too freakin sensitive and sue-happy.

If I am walking through a store and someone looks at me funny, should I sue? If someone speaks to my sons the wrong way, should I sue?

What truly gives us the right to allow our offense to take money away from people doing their jobs, or using THEIR right to voice THEIR opinion? What ever happened to the old adage "sticks and stones"?

What would truly be great for America would be for some judge to finally take a stand on these frivilous lawsuits. If you spill coffee on yourself ... know that NEXT time you should be more careful! If you trip on the sidewalk, pick up your feet! If someone tells you you are fat ... LOOOK IN THE MIRROR.

This is my opinion ... just my opinion. I am just a mere person that walks around this world keeping her nose to herself and wondering why he have so many idiots walking around with her!

Although, on second thought, maybe I should sue the grocery store for being out of Clorox wipes when I grabbed my shopping cart, which lead to this nasty cold, which is not allowing me to do my job .... then I wouldn't have to have gumption to work any more because I could get rich! Hhhhmmmmmmm ...

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I call those type of people "ambulance chasers" always looking for their handout.

Misguided Mommy said...

I AGREE. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALIZE MY HABIT OF EATING DONUTS IS JUST AS BAD AS THEIR SMOKING HABIT.

QUITTING DONUTS IS HARD MAN!