CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Orwellian?

So ... the latest work scheme ... Now create a calendar within our lotus Notes (of course we don't use Outlook b/c we aren't normal like anyone else) ... a calendar so that anyone (ahem: the boss, the boss's boss, the boss's boss's boss...) can check on where we are, when, for how long, why .... A calendar ON TOP OF a weekly report we have to send in every Friday showing where we were, who we saw and what we did ... A calendar ON TOP OF the weekly report ON TOP OF the production report we have to send in every week to show what $ we brought in ...

The topper? We are already out of the field once a week while we sit in the office and take phone calls. We have been told by the boss that if our numbers aren't at 100% of goal (mine haven't been in over a year) that we shouldn't be taking a day to do any administration work, meaning, do it on your own time.

WTF? Yeah ... um ... no. MY time is precisely that ... MY TIME. I do not make 6 figures, no where even close. I have no desire or need to do anything outside of my work hours.

I hate my job.

What comes next ... show us what you do in between time? Um, how many times do you pee on company time?

How about cameras on our rear view mirrors to show how much work we get done while we are in the car?

Maybe GPS tracking devices on our computers (I wouldn't hesitate to think that this has already been done)?

Did I mention I hate my job?

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

I uh....... don't even know what to say. That is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if there was in fact a GPS on your laptop, he apparently has a LOT of time on his hands. I hate your job too.