CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sadness sweeps the land




Bummer .... so the heartbreak continues. What makes me most sad? Not that the Cubs completely BLEW it (although, it is hard to stomach), but that the fun that we could have had while watching them is over. I think that is what bothers most peiople. You plan on going to games, or having parties.
Celebrating ... it is like holidays that are not marked on the calendar. When your 3 year old son asks you, "Mommy, are we having another Cubs party?" You know you have him indoctrinated. THAT is the part that I am going to miss .... the party.
Now, evenings are back to "normal" .... bed time routines are back on track. Dinners are no longer nachos or pizza, but salads and soups. Evening attire is now pj's and lounge pants instead of jerseys and hats. Beer will be reserved for football Sundays. No more scrambling to find a babysitter so that I can see a game, instead I will find a babysitter so I can work. :(

How depressing.

maybe it is a good thing that "party" fare is off the menu. I went shopping for pants these past few weeeks - dude, I am fat. No other word to describe what I look like ... I am just fat.
I STILL haven't had an uninterrupted night sleep since March, so my energy levels to actually EXERCISE are slim to none. At night, I am too busy getting chores taken care of to actually DO a routine. In the morning, I am too tired to THINK about a routine.
But something is going to have to give. I had to try on a SIXTEEN the other day ... 16! ONE SIX ....... that is duisgusting ... especially when I have 8's hanging in my closet from last year. I am so unhappy with myself .... I just wish I had time to FIX it ....

Ugh ... what shall I look forward to so I can get through the days? hhhmmmmm ..... trip to Tampa in December ... 2 Heavenly weeks of having time .... aaahhhh.

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

I say most sincerely that I can't relate to how you feel but I understand. There's always the Bears though :) heh. Yea. The biggest heartbreak I've felt over a team was when the Vikings were there - I mean it was a *lock* they should have won. The f*cking announcer says "and here we go, he hasn't missed a field goal in his entire career.... " and then... he f*cking missed it. Wow. I haven't felt THAT way in a long time. I screamed at the TV and now for the rest of my life I HATE the Falcons. HATE THEM! So, while I can't relate to your sadness I do understand how it feels and it totally sucks. Kevin is heartbroken too... but he won't talk about it.

Mommy said...

I always say that it is nice to be sad about stuff that - in reality - doesn't matter ... I have so many other things to be worried about!
(and every year, my list of hated teams, grows and grows!)