CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Wedding memories and anniversary trips

September 18, 2004 - Our Wedding Day. One of the best, yet scariest days of my life. It was a day in which I married a man I truly loved, and also a day where I knew my life as just "me," ended.



I remember the day as if it were yesterday. It was a beautifully sunny day, we had our mishaps and silly things, but in the end, I loved my wedding and the memories I have from it.



E has never been a hapless romantic. He isn't my Romeo, or Knight in Shining Armour. Some days I wish I had that ... but what E is, and why I love him, is my friend. He is the guy that I can watch football with. The guy that I can take to pumpkin patches, family reunions and movies. He is the guy that I can bitch about girlfriends to. He won't take me to a forest with a picnic basket full of goodies and write me poetry, but he will take me out for a burrito and watch the MLB playoffs with me after we put kids to bed.



Our marriage hasn't been easy, as I have said before. Our roads has been bumpy and scary, to say the least. I have questioned my decision many times. But, today, I am glad that I married him. I am glad that he is the one I am driving down the bumpy road with.



We celebrated our 5th anniversary on our own. We took the boys to my MIL's on Thursday evening. Friday morning we packed up the car and drove a few hours to Galena, IL. We have been there before, celebrating our engagement. It was a nice trip. We didn't do much - that was the nice part!



We spent Friday afternoon walking around town, shopping (he hates that, but he actually did pretty well). We shared an ice cream float at an old-fashioned ice cream parlour. That evening we drove, following the GOS recommendation, down Devil's Ladder Road (HOLY SHIT!!!!! It was like a roller coaster - only in our car and on a dirt path!) to a restaurant overlooking the Mississippi River. My food? Sucked ... but the ambiance was awesome and E really enjoyed the scenery (and his food). After dinner we hung out at the Resort's bar for a bit, he bought me a couple dirty martinis and we watched the end of the Cubs game. It was so cool to just hang out with him again ... like old times.



On Saturday we went back into town for lunch - hanging out at yet, another bar, watching college football and eating. It was so much fun. We hung out in the pool for the rest of the afternoon before heading to our nice Italian dinner (um - I think all we did was eat!).



On Sunday, we got up and went to Sunday brunch (yes, we ate some more) before heading back into town to get the boys and jump back into reality.



All in all, the weekend re-ignited some passion that had been missing from our marriage. Hopefully we can keep it while wandering through our every day life.



Happy Anniversary, my dear.








0 remarks: