CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weird

So, Saturday night, as I am drinking my wine and watching my shoes on DVR I was playing around with Facebook. Typing in the names of people from my past to see if I could find them.
I finally found one (not THE one I have been looking for - but someone!). My old fiance, yes, the one with the kid. The one that I threw his "engagement" ring (I will use that term loosely ...)at him at the beach (not that I am a snob - but it was so small, I think it was gone forever!). The one, that through time, I realized I never was THAT upset to lose - it was breaking up with an adorable 2 year old little girl that really broke my heart.

The dude was a bit "off" and we really had very little in common ... he quit the Marines, was a stock boy in a retail store (and could barely do that) while I was freshly graduated and pursuing a career, had himself in PILES of debt (that I was trying to help payoff) and in the end, he dumped ME because he couldn't handle the relationship ....

ANYWAY .... I found him on Facebook .... he has a picture of his daughter - now 13!!!!! I can not even BEGIN to imagine ME being the Mom of a THIRTEEN year old at this point. But, she is a pretty young girl. And, it is actually somewhat creepy to see her all grown up.

Then, the myriads of "girl" questions flood my head .... I wonder if she knew of me ever (I took care of her for over a year - until she was 2 1/2), did the Mom finally step up to the plate? Does the ex look at ME and think "phew" or "wow - I let one go"?????

No biggie .. I love my hubby ... am I weird for even THINKING of these things?!?!??!?!?!

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's weird, it's totally normal to wonder what your life would be like if you'd made other decisions. I didn't know you were engaged before, that was interesting to read :) Before I joined Facebook I looked up all my ex's to make sure none of them were on there. LOL.

Gina said...

Nope-not weird. Especially for girls. We seem to want to know what might have been. Like you, I have done the same and I am SO thankful that God had a much better plan for me than I did!!
Thank goodness you didn't end up some guy that quit the Marines (wink!).